❝ Stay strong, Dusty. You might feel as frail as the grass at our paws, but trust me, you're as strong as the hills beneath. ❞
— Thickettooth to Dustypaw(thorns)
Thickettooth is a tall, wiry, mackerel tabby tom with a notably snaggled tooth and a Senior Warrior of WindClan . He is most commonly credited as one of the "best mentors around", perhaps a self imposed title, although it's not all talk. He's a very paternal figure, always looking out for everyone and taking those who are weak under his wing.
Heritage: Domestic Shorthair (Most of his lineage is composed of domestic shorthairs, usually tabbies or torbies.)
Description: Thickettooth is a tall tom, standing about a foot off the ground. He's rather skinny, on the borderline of being underweight, with long legs and a sleek, streamlined frame. He has a thin face and tired, bedraggled whiskers. Thicket's eyes are a pale chartreuse, getting more yellow near the pupil. His fur is short and bristly in texture, often times catching burrs and other odd tidbits. Thickettooth's pelt is a dusty dark brown/gray, with dark mackerel tabby patterning and a white chest, underbelly and paws, his facial markings are a pleasant pale tan in color. He has a long scar running down his shoulder, a torn left ear and a sharp, snaggled tooth due to his underbite.
= Base (#594e49)
= Tabby Markings (#2e2a29)
= Undercoat/paws (#ccc2c0)
= Facial Markings (#a18b75)
= Eyes (#a2a35f)
= Inner Ears (#8a635a)
= Nose (#633d35)
= Tongue (#c47e7f)
= Pawpads (#e09d9f)
= Scars (#b87c6e)
Voice: Thicket speaks in a rather deep, warm voice. He's mostly monotone around adults but becomes full of energy around kits, and adds extra emotion and inflection to his voice. He speaks with a slick nature and a mature sort of confidence.
Scent: He smells faintly of wet grass.
Gait: This varies strongly depending on his mood. Thickettooth, often times, has a confident and relaxed gait that makes him appear at ease with the world. He walks with his head high and strong, forward steps. However, when in a gloomy slump he droops and tends to look at the ground.
- Paternal - Thickettooth naturally has a fatherly instinct, one that his own father did not. He aspires to be looked up to by the youth of the clan, and does so by being a very warm and parental figure. He has a nurturing nature and loves his kits dearly.
- Role-model/good mentor - Apart from being fatherly, Thicket also has his ways about apprentices. He's a lawful, abiding and organized Senior Warrior, which he holds himself highly upon. Apart from his achievements, he also has a very unique way of mentoring and caters to the apprentice rather than to his own style. If they were to learn by exploring and feeling, he would adapt to it. Same goes for listening and visual learning.
- Lawful - Thickettooth, for the most part, is a rule-follower. He would rather forget his rebellious past which involved a mate from another clan and half-clan kits, and does not let anything slip. He is an honorable disciplinarian and an abiding follower of the Warrior Code. However, family outweighs the warrior code and he is still seen caring for his kits and talking to them at gatherings. This trait was gained during his senior-warriorhood, after becoming wiser.
- Assertive - Confident and suave, although not as to impress anyone, Thickettooth naturally holds himself and his abilities at a high level. He's both bold and forward, and has lots of belief in himself and others, however he can be overly so and can be overbearing and obnoxious.
- Patient - Placid and rare to upset, Thickettooth is a patient character. When he finds someone he likes the company of, he'll wait for a while before approaching them. He never loses his temper although sometimes he's a bit too patient, waiting until it's too late to take action.
- Natural Explorer - His title as the cat who never wanted to stay in one place has been with him since he was a kit. He was often caught sneaking out of camp alongside his brother to feel the breeze on his whiskers.
- Aloof - Thickettooth, to the observing eye is disconnected and rather stand-offish to anyone but family. He doesn't have many friends due to this sort of aversion to others, and often times hides from the hustle and bustle of camp by running through the moorland.
- Apathetic - What might be his deepest flaw is Thicket's own apathy. He only cares about the wellbeing of his "children" (biological or otherwise). War could be breaking on the horizon and he would not care, nor display any strong feelings. He's completely neutral and passive at extremes as well, which is painstaking to observe.
- Untrusting - After his family skirmish, Thickettooth has found it very difficult to trust others strongly again. He feels queasy and wary around nearly everyone he hasn't developed a strong bond with, and you can usually never get his personal details out of him, leaving you only at the "small talk" stage.
- The Moor
- "Running through the hills is what I guess the birds up high feel when they fly. I feel free. I can fly away."
- "Oh they're just the funniest little things. Kits are so cheerful and pleasant to be around, I wish I had some of my own..."
- His father
- "He was never there for me as a young kitten, he had no interest for me or my brother during our youth. He tried to force his violent and abrasive views of ShadowClan cats onto us when we got older. That tom wanted nothing but war."'
- "Makes my pelt feel icky. It also remind me of my mate, Petalshine. I'd rather not go there."
- To become a recognised role-model and idol to the youth of WindClan
- Thickettooth has always aspired to be the knight in shining armor that the queens tell heroic stories of for years to come in the nursery. He wants to be an idol, a role-model, for the kits who never really had a paternal figure.
- Losing his kits, not knowing of their death.
- After his kits, Mudkit(fish) and Nettlekit(tuft) left him for their Mother's Clan, RiverClan, he has always been rather uneasy. He only gets to see his children at Gatherings, and worries for their safety. Although he knows he gave the kits to a kind she-cat, Shimmerscale, Thickettooth still wonders on about how they treated the kits.
Cats Involved: Sedgefur(vaguely), Puddlebreeze, Brackenkit
Age Range: 0-5 moons
- Thicketkit and Brackenkit are born as the two sons of Sedgefur and Puddlebreeze
- Thicket and Bracken become an inseparable duo of playful Furball champions. They're each other's competition and love to run around together.
- They don't like talking to the other kits though, they only need each other's company.
- Sedgefur is absent as a father during their kithood. He virtually never visited his sons or mate in the nursery, except on the day of their birth. His mother, Puddlebreeze, talks about him in a frightened and wary manner.
Cats Involved: Heatherhare, Brackenpaw, Sedgefur, Petalpaw, Gorsetalon
Age Range: 6-11 moons
- Brackenpaw and Thicketpaw are promoted to apprentices and are assigned their mentors, Heatherhare and Gorsetalon.
- Both Thicketpaw and Brackenpaw are afraid of Bracken's mentor, Gorsetalon. Bracken envies the much kinder Heatherhare.
- They begin training. Being the two most athletic kits in the nursery meant they already had a mild grasp on chasing down their prey. They are quick learners, and their brotherly bond grows stronger.
- At their first Gathering, Brackenpaw gets overwhelmed and tries to hide behind his mother's back. A more confident Thicketpaw, although still wary, is introduced to a very pretty RiverClan she-cat by the name of Petalpaw. They talk, and Thicketpaw can't get her out of his mind.
- As they grow to be formidable and gifted fighters and hunters at around 9 moons of age, their father starts to approach them. At first, they see him as a stranger before recognising him as their father.
- He tells them that they are making him proud, and pulls them aside to tell him about his harsh views on ShadowClan.
- They do not agree with him and become even more untrusting.
- With their territories being so far apart, Petalpaw and Thicketpaw don't usually get to see each other unless at gatherings, except for once when Thicket and Bracken were being chased out of ShadowClan Territory.
- Gorsetalon appears to have similar views to their father, and is also overworking Brackenpaw, especially considering he's the flightier of the pair. He becomes more tired and aggressive towards Thicket.
- The pair are to be assessed. Not surprisingly, they both pass all assessments and are now soon-to-be warriors at the tender age of 11 moons.
Cats Involved: Brackenblink, Petalshine, Gorsetalon, Sedgefur, Wheatstar, Nettlekit, Mudkit
Age Range: 12-29 moons
- Thickettooth and Brackenblink earn their warrior names and sit their vigil together. Their relationship is starting to become more strained.
- "tooth" - for Thicket's impressive fighting skills and that odd snagged tooth poking out of his lower jaw.
- "blink" - for Bracken's flighty tendencies and impressive running speed.
- As they perform their early warrior duties, Thicket and Bracken start to talk less and less.
- Later, Thickettooth often sneaks out of territory to try and meet Petalshine at the edge of her territory whenever possible. Nobody is suspicious and thinks that he is just exploring around the territory for more prey when he doesn't come back immediately, due to his good reputation.
- Brackenblink, after being influenced by Gorsetalon's teachings, slowly but surely starts to side with his father and Gorse's views. He begins to become more and more aggressive towards ShadowClan and his passive brother, and has extremist views on amber eyed kits.
- Tensions rise between the pacifist Thicket and the three toms. Sedgefur disowns Thickettooth as his son, and has a new found admiration for his easily influenced Bracken. Bracken, being the more nervous and less noticed of the pair appreciates being put on a pedestal and being praised.
- They fight, Sedgefur tearing Thicket's ear and clawing a large gash into his shoulder. He is weak and doesn't know what to do. Brackenblink, after witnessing this, feels betrayal from his father, learning how he was manipulated by his father from a beaten and battered Thicket.
- Eventually gaining energy, Thicket and Bracken end up chasing Sedgefur into the tunnels. The earth collapses over Sedge. Bracken and Gorse try to tunnel him out of the dirt, but there's far too much. He is presumed dead and his body is left in the now blocked off tunnel.
- Four moons after the skirmish between Sedge, Gorse, Bracken and Thicket, Petalshine becomes pregnant with Thicket's kits.
- Thicket lost his reputation after running away from a struggling Sedgefur. He is seen as traitorous by a good portion of WindClan.
- Petalshine gives birth to two healthy kits at the edge of RiverClan territory. Thicket was supposed to take the kits, saying they were orphaned, and Petalshine would pronounce the kits as dead. They made sure nobody was there to witness anything that happened that evening.
- The two name the pair Mudkit and Nettlekit before Thicket leaves with the kits. He enters WindClan camp and claims that two newborn kits were found at the outskirts of WindClan territory, no mother in sight. A nursing queen takes them in and Thicket visits them daily.
- Nettlekit and Mudkit are healthy and strong. The unnamed queen said that after they are weaned they could be left to Thicket completely. Thicket tells them of their mother and RiverClan but makes the two quite mature kits to vow to not speak of their half-clan heritage. They say they want to go back to their mother's Clan.
- After attending another gathering, Thickettooth learns of Petalshine's drowning during the annual flooding. He is grief-stricken, and informs the kits.
- Brackenblink and Thickettooth are not talking to each other for this period. Thicket loves his brother dearly, but is too scared to try and make conversation.
- However, Bracken and Thicket were both in close proximity when Brackenblink was near a large gorge. He was sprinting after a rabbit, not watching his step before falling into the gorge. Bracken caught himself on the sturdy walls, but could not hold much longer until Thicket saved him. Thicket saved a cat's life, his brother's life. He was promoted to Senior Warrior and celebrated as a hero amongst WindClan.
Cats Involved: Nettletuft, Mudfish, Brackenblink, Dustythorns, Shimmerscale
Age Range: 30 moons-present
- After being promoted, Thicket figured it was best to fulfill his new kit's wishes to return to their mother's Clan, especially after her passing. He wants to honor Petalshine, and knows that her spirit will watch over their kits.
- He announces that, at the gathering he found out that the kits were RiverClan kits, and could see it was evident by their webbed paws. Brackenblink asks how they got outside WindClan camp, but nobody answers him. He seems to be the only one who's doubting Thicket.
- He leaves the kits, now nearly apprentices with a RiverClan queen by the name of Shimmerscale.
- After this, he is given his first apprentice, a very odd looking cat called Dustypaw. Dustypaw is an extremely quiet and frail cat, but he trains her well.
- During their time of training, Thicket learns more of Dusty's past. He acts as the paternal figure he wished he could be for his growing kits who were now in RiverClan. He teaches her important life lessons as well as the typical hunty-catchy ordeal of the young apprentice. They often go for walks, even runs in the moors.
- Dustypaw graduates, becoming Dustythorns. They still talk like they're family.
- At gatherings, he sees his kits grow into warriors. They are now Nettletuft and Mudfish, two formidable hunters and swimmers. He often takes his time to catch up with his kits and Shimmerscale.
- Brackenblink and Thickettooth are trying to repair their relationship. It's slowly but surely coming along, and at least they are on speaking terms now.
= Gender Unknown
⦁ = Acquaintance | ⦁⦁ = Friend | ⦁⦁⦁ = Best friend
⦁ = Blood relative | ⦁⦁ = Like family | ⦁⦁⦁ = Inseparable
⦁ = Respects as equal | ⦁⦁ = Looks up to | ⦁⦁⦁ = Idolizes
⦁ = Crush | ⦁⦁ = Fling/Potential mate | ⦁⦁⦁ = Mate
⦁ = Uneasy around | ⦁⦁ = Nervous around | ⦁⦁⦁ = Induces anxiety
⦁ = Competitor | ⦁⦁ = Rival | ⦁⦁⦁ = Archnemesis
⦁ = Annoyed by | ⦁⦁ = Dislikes | ⦁⦁⦁ = Hates
Thickettooth has not met any cats in ThunderClan yet.
- Dustythorns/WindClan Warrior/Former apprentice/⦁⦁ ⦁⦁/100%
- "Where do I start with her? She's like the daughter I never had, I love Dusty to pieces."
- He grins fondly, but winces slightly.
- Brackenblink/WindClan Warrior (NPC)/Brother/⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁ /80%
- "At least we're on speaking terms again."
- He loves his brother and wishes things could go back to the way they were. The two are still repairing their relationship after what happened in their past.
- Gorgeleap/WindClan Deputy/Friend/⦁⦁⦁⦁/70%
- "She's sweet. Always a comfort, Gorge is great like that. Proud of the fact that she received that Deputy position, she deserves it more than anyone."
- He smiles sincerely.
Thickettooth has not met any cats in ShadowClan yet.
- Nettletuft/RiverClan Warrior (NPC)/Son/⦁/80%
- "Oh him? He's some RiverClan warrior, that's all."
- He lies about his blood relations constantly. To WindClan, he has no kits. None. He frowns.
- Mudfish/RiverClan Warrior (NPC)/Daughter/⦁/80%
- He's clearly uncomfortable.
- Petalshine/RiverClan Warrior (deceased, NPC)/ex-mate/⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁/100%
- He loves her dearly, and wants to express so, but won't say anything.
- Shimmerscale/RiverClan Warrior/Queen (NPC)/acquaintance/⦁•/75%
- "She's kind, poor old soul could never have a healthy litter of her own no matter how hard she tried."
Thickettooth has not met any cats in SkyClan yet.
Thickettooth has not met any cats outside the Clans yet.
- His design is based off of his creator's cat Gatito
- He lets his kits and his apprentices decorate his pelt with flowers and feathers