❝ I am nothing like that tom. Everything I do, I do for my Clan. Everything I do, I do for all of you. I fight for the sake of my Clan, nothing more and nothing less. Perhaps if you were in my paws, you'd understand the stress that weighs on my shoulders. Each day, I spend my time thinking on ways to solve the internal conflict we seem to have. Each day, I watch my Clanmates argue until they bring up the dead, the cats we honor, with no hesitation. I spend so much time on my Clan that I can't focus on training my own apprentice. You want to tell me you do so much for this Clan? Bullshit. ❞
— Nectarstar during the RiverClan meeting to Rocktumble (3/14/18).
Nectarstar is a short-haired, stout, plump she-cat with thick, sleek, golden-cream spotted tabby fur, white paws and a white underbelly. She has copper eyes and webbed paws, and currently resides in RiverClan as the Leader. She was the mentor of Frightpaw and she is the mother of Lilykit, Carpkit, Sootkit, Hailkit, Brindlekit and adoptive mother of Turtlekit.
Nectarstar, unlike most of the cats in her clan, is a bright golden-cream spotted tabby she-cat with a short-haired coat and a long, curling tail. She has big webbed paws equipped for swimming, hooked claws good for grabbing fish, and big copper eyes. She has a soft white underbelly and a white muzzle, as well as white paws. Her legs are - compared to the rest of her body - very muscular and long, making it easy for her to swim agilely. Her fur is short and soft, fluffing around her shoulders. She is pretty plump.
Heritage: American Shorthair x British Shorthair
- Golden-cream color
- Spotted tabby
- White underbelly, muzzle + paws
- Semi-foreign build
- Medium size
- Copper eyes
- Few mutations
- Unusually long tail, webbed paws
- Strength: 7/10
Overall Rating: 44/50
= Golden-cream Base (#F0E5B2)
= Tabby Markings (#D9AE51)
= Paws, Muzzle, Underbelly, Eyespots, Chest (#FFFFFF)
= Eyes (#81240A)
= Leathers (#pink)
Voice: Soft, confident voice bubbling with youth.
Scent: Musky river/fish scent; breath reeks of fish.
- Open-minded - Nectarstar is always willing to consider new ideas, and because of this she is seen as unprejudiced. She is willing to listen to any suggestions, good or bad, and weigh out what the best decision would be for her Clan. It is this trait that made her consider letting her Clan be open to the breeding pool, and why she has resentment for WindClan's closed breeding-pool policy.
- Composed - There is never a moment where Nectarstar does not have her feelings and thoughts under control. She is always seen in a calm state, and never lets any cat see her break down or be upset. Even in rough situations, Nectarstar keeps herself poised and will always try to do what is best for her Clan. She would never want to see her be the cause of her Clan being in a tight situation, and would much rather be on good terms with the other Clans.
- Cautious - Sometimes, Nectarstar can tend to be too careful to avoid potential problems or dangers, to the point where it can get annoying. But she tends to be cautious because she knows that a single action can lead to moons of devestation. After the deaths of Pikestar, Rippletalon and Snagstar, she knows that the Clan is relying on her to be their Leader.
- Talkative - Nectarstar loves to talk, mind you-- sometimes she talks too much. She likes to branch out and speak to more cats than just her Clan, and likes making bonds with cats outside of her Clan-- it makes for stronger allies. Nectarstar can sometimes wear a cat out by talking too much, though, but at least she's not a cat to start awkward silence.
- Bumptious - Nectarstar loves her Clan so much that it often comes up when she talks about anything, really. She is self-assertive and proud of her Clan to an irritating degree, which is why some cats label her as annoying.
- Indulgent - Because she is so open-minded, sometimes Nectarstar can be overly generous to or lenient with others, even cats outside of her Clan. Some cats even call her Firestar wannabe because of it.
Likes & Dislikes
- Fish, hunting fish
- Helping others
- Collecting beautiful things
- Organizing spirit-pebbles
- She's always found their mysterious way as intriguing, and she believes that most ShadowClan cats are friendly until they prove they aren't. She's fond of their leader, Coalstar.
- Mud/getting her pelt dirty
- Rabbits and most land prey excluding water-voles
- Being cold
- It would be a lie to say that RiverClan and ThunderClan had never fought. Most RiverClan cats hold a grudge against ThunderClan for their past, and for the battle that went down over the moon-cave. Nectarstar, more specifically, dislikes their traitorous leader, Stormstar.
- After Pikestar's mysterious death involving one of these stoic, long-legged birds, most RiverClan cats have a vivid fear and suspicion of herons. They see their appearance in the river as a bad omen that means famine for the Clan, but if the heron flies overhead and away from camp, a sign of peace.
- Otterjaw's death due to a heron has only firmed her beliefs.
Cats Involved: Pikestar, Limpetspot, (Wind) that Rustles Leaves, Lilyfoot, Swiftkit, Tansykit, Tigerkit, Tricklestep, Slugpaw.
Age Range: 0-5 moons
Date Range: Before Chapter 1
- Nectarkit, Tansykit, Swiftkit and Tigerkit are born to Lilyfoot in RiverClan camp. No one is quite sure who the father is, and is suspicious of the litter of she-kits' short pelts.
- While they were in the nursery, their mother would tell them stories of how their father was a noble Mountain Cat, who lived with the Tribe of Rushing Water in the mountains. No cat believed her, and some labeled her as insane. The other kits mocked Lilyfoot's litter because of what she would say. Nectarkit had a strong belief that her mother was telling the truth, while the sickly Tansykit and the defiant Swiftkit did not.
- When she reached the age of 4 moons, the river went through it's annual spring flooding. During this time, Tansykit and Limpetspot, the Clan's deputy, joined StarClan.
- Nectarkit is forced to sleep in the Medicine Cat den for a moon afterward when she caught green-cough. She recovered, luckily, but during her time became good friends with Slugpaw, the Medicine Cat Apprentice at the time, and his older brother, Snagclaw, who became the deputy after Limpetspot.
- When she became 5 moons old, her mother took she and her siblings out on a walk when the moon was high in the sky. They traveled to the RiverClan border, where they met a lean-legged, broad-shouldered cream tabby tom with copper eyes. He called himself 'Wind,' and told them the same stories their mother had described. Every other night the kits would wander out of camp on their own and visit him.
Cats Involved: Pikestar, Snagclaw, Dewbounce, Tricklestep, Tigerpaw, Swiftpaw, Slugpaw, Lilyfoot.
Age Range: 6-12 moons
Date Range: Before Chapter 1
- Pikestar gives Nectarkit her apprentice ceremony, renaming her Nectarpaw. She becomes the apprentice of Dewbounce, who will mentor her for the next six moons.
- Dewbounce shows Nectarpaw the RiverClan territory, introducing her to the tradition of keeping spirit-pebbles to honor their fallen RiverClan members. Nectarpaw is shown which one is Tansykit, and she immediately honors the tradition and has a strong bond with her RiverClan ancestors.
- Because of her short-haired coat, it takes Nectarpaw longer than others to get used to the cold water of the river in leaf-bare. When she does, however, she is one of the most expert fishers in the Clan.
- Nectarpaw attends her first gathering with the other Clans.
- Nectarpaw has her Warrior assessment, and it is a complete success. She catches two rainbow trout and proves herself able to become a Warrior of RiverClan, in spite of her father's leave.
- When Nectarpaw returns to camp to tell Lilyfoot the happy news, she is devastated to find that her mother had passed away due to old age just moments before her arrival.
- When the litter of apprentices goes to visit their father, he asks why Lilyfoot is not with them. They have to inform him that his mate has passed away. From there on out, Wind stopped visiting, and practically disappeared.
- RiverClan leader Pikestar takes Nectarpaw to the mooncave (??)-- it is required that every apprentice visit their StarClan ancestors for approval before becoming a full Warrior. But instead of going there - because the Clans, in the new territory, had no way to contact StarClan yet - Pikestar led her past the territories. The two fall asleep in a moonlit clearing and Nectarpaw has a visit from StarClan in her dreams instead. On the way back, when hunting at the river, a heron lands and attempts to steal Nectarpaw's prey. Pikestar attacks it and Snagclaw and Dewbounce arrive, just in time to witness Pikestar slipping and falling into the river-- disappearing under the current.
- The Clan searches all day and night to find their leader, but fails. Snagclaw becomes the next leader of RiverClan and appoints Tricklestep as his very first deputy.
- Tigerpaw, Nectarpaw and Swiftpaw all become very close as they near Warriorhood.
Cats Involved: Snagstar, Tricklestep, Dewbounce, Slugstripe/Stormpaw., Mudskip, Turtlefoot, Tigerlily, Swiftbreeze
Age Range: 12-25 moons
Date Range Before Chapter 1
- Snagstar holds Nectarpaw's warrior ceremony, renaming her Nectarsight, for the way her eyes represented the deep brown color of sap. He notes her confidence and expertise in hunting, and the Clan welcomes her as a Warrior of RiverClan.
- Nectarsight and Slugstripe become quite good friends and begin to talk a lot. Snagstar suspects that the two may like each-other, and pulls Nectarsight aside to snap her out of it. After that, the two were very distant and rarely even glanced each-others' ways.
- Nectarsight grows uneasy as the Clan barely sees or hears a word from their leader, who often stays locked up in his den. The Clan is suspicious that he's perhaps not even there-- or that he is sick. Many cats - because Tricklestep became the leader-figure of the Clan - assumed that he had passed away.
- Nectarsight attends her second gathering with the Clans.
- Mudskip and Turtlefoot return from a patrol, battered and bruised-- Tricklestep had been killed by a fox. Rather than mourn for too long, the Clan rejoices when they see Snagstar leave his den and once again become the leader they needed. Nectarstar suspected that Mudskip and Turtlefoot may have murdered Tricklestep, but says nothing.
Cats Involved: All of RC, Snagstar, Slugstripe/Stormpaw, Mudskip, Turtlefoot, Rippletalon, Leopardskip, Stormstrike [TC]
Age Range: 25-37 moons
Date Range M/D/Y - M/D/Y
- In Tricklestep's place, Nectarsight is appointed Deputy of RiverClan, much to her surprise.
- Snagstar wages war on ThunderClan for the rights over the moon-cave. RiverClan prepares for the first attack, hopeful to gain control over the Mooncave territory.
- RiverClan crosses the border and meets a ThunderClan patrol. On Snagstar's command, the fight breaks out, and by her side, Rippletalon goes straight for Stormstrike. Nectarsight shared his fury, knowing that Stormstrike had chosen ThunderClan over RiverClan.
- Nectarsight fights Twigpaw, a small cinnammon-chocolate and white tom. She ends up chasing him off with bad injuries, and urges her Clanmates on during the fight.
- When ThunderClan's deputy drops, they retreat, and RiverClan stands proud over the claimed territory. They yowl in victory for all of ThunderClan to hear, and only then does Nectarsight realize RiverClan's casualties.
- When Snagstar and Rippletalon pass, RiverClan mourn greatly.
- Nectarsight shapes her sadness for the deaths of her clanmates into a new tradition; releasing her Clanmates onto the river. The Clan joins her in doing so, and the tradition still lives to this day.
- Nectarsight goes to recieve her nine lives with Slugstripe at her side.
Cats Involved: Leopardskip, Slugstripe, all of RC
Age Range: 37 moons - current
Date Range: Before Chapter 1 - Current day
- Slugstripe and Nectarsight travel to the moon-cave, and she receives her nine lives. She is given the lives as follows by the following cats:
- Rippletalon - a life for forgiveness
- Snagstar - a life for strength
- Pikestar - a life for love
- Tricklestep - a life for caution
- Dewbounce - a life for happiness
- Tansykit - a life for wisdom
- Limpetspot - a life for exploration
- Turtlefoot - a life for determination
- Nectarsight is renamed Nectarstar.
- Nectarstar and Slugstripe return to RiverClan camp in the morning, and the Clan rejoices.
- When they reach camp to hold vigil, Nectarstar unexpectedly calls a meeting. During the meeting, she appoints Leopardskip deputy of RiverClan, calling her out for her bravery in the battle and how she had been unafraid to face a Clan where her brother now called home.
- Slugstripe passes away due to old age, and Stormeye becomes the Medicine Cat of RiverClan. Nectarstar and all of RiverClan mourn the death of their old friend.
- Nectarstar is devestated to discover Otterjaw's deceased body on the ThunderClan border. She suspects that the cause is either a heron or a ThunderClan patrol, but evidently realizes it is a heron-- a bad omen.
- Nectarstar attends the gathering.
- Nectarstar and her Clan catch ThunderClan and WindClan trespassing at the river, stealing fish. Nectarstar declares battle and the Clans fight until she realizes that RiverClan is badly outnumbered, and after she sees a heron. She calls her clan to retreat, but promises that there will be revenge.
- Nectarstar makes an alliance with ShadowClan.
- Three or four days later, Nectarstar and Coalstar arrange a raid on ThunderClan. The battle is interrupted by StarClan as they return, telling them a new prophecy.
- Terribly wounded, Nectarstar loses a life, and is heartbroken when she sees Spitfire has passed.
- The Clan returns back to camp, dismayed and terribly wounded.
- Creekrunner passes away, leaving Nectarstar devastated.
- Nectarstar declares Turtlekit her adopted daughter.
- Smokestorm and Nectarstar have a fling.
- Nectarstar and Rocktumble argue during a Clan meeting. She ends up punishing him by clawing his muzzle, making a point to the rest of the Clan that she's not playing games.
- She and her sister discover that they are both pregnant with kits.
- The Annual flood rages through RiverClan's camp, and they are forced to evacuate. They retreat to the peak, and it is found that many of their Clanmates have passed away, including: Shimmerscale, Icefish, Feathertail, Patchmask, Swiftbreeze and more. Nectarstar is devastated.
- Tigerlily gives birth to three kits, but one does not survive. Together, they name the deceased kit Windkit, in remembrance of their father.
- Stagstar arrives at the peak, offering RiverClan a place to stay in WindClan. They make camp at the Great Tree, where Windkit is buried.
- Nectarstar gives birth to five healthy kits: Lilykit, Carpkit, Sootkit, Hailkit and Brindlekit.
- Mothflutter attacks Rocktumble, and retreats the scene. Nectarstar, in fury, sends a patrol to bring him back so that RiverClan can return to their territory after the flood.
- RiverClan returns to their camp and rests for the night. In the morning, Mothflutter returns, and Nectarstar assigns Swanlight and Skyheart to watch over him.
- Rosepaw, Smokestorm and Silentpaw (exiles from SkyClan) ask to join and Nectarstar accepts, but assigns cats to watch them all.
|See More|| ||Wind that Rustles Leaves||Squirrelsprint|
= Gender Unknown
⦁ = Acquaintance | ⦁⦁ = Friend | ⦁⦁⦁ = Best friend
⦁ = Blood relative | ⦁⦁ = Like family | ⦁⦁⦁ = Inseparable
⦁ = Respects as equal | ⦁⦁ = Looks up to | ⦁⦁⦁ = Idolizes
⦁ = Crush | ⦁⦁ = Fling/Potential mate | ⦁⦁⦁ = Mate
⦁ = Uneasy around | ⦁⦁ = Nervous around | ⦁⦁⦁ = Induces anxiety
⦁ = Competitor | ⦁⦁ = Rival | ⦁⦁⦁ = Archnemesis
⦁ = Annoyed by | ⦁⦁ = Dislikes | ⦁⦁⦁ = Hates
- Thoughts (with cited experiences, as applicable).
- Stormstar/⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁/Leader/Acquaintance, former Clanmate, rival/0%
- "RiverClan trusted you once, and you betrayed us to join the enemy. And then you killed your own blood. I will never look at you the same as I did when we were apprentices and friends."
- Nectarstar looks furious, and her claws unsheath as she spits- but she does not make a sound.
- "I'm not a big fan of ThunderClan cats, but she can put up a good fight. She seems more level-headed than most ThunderClanners in my eyes."
- The RiverClan leader gives a simple shrug.
- Nightrunner/⦁⦁/Senior Warrior/Knows/0%
- "What a piece of shit! I knew ThunderClanners were idiots, but damn, he can't keep his mouth shut for one second! Gotta admit, though- he can fight."
- Nectarstar lashes her tail and narrows her eyes with a hiss.
- "I don't like the way he practically segregates WindClan from the rest of the Clans with the breeding pool. Why not let your Clan be happy, or take traits from other Clans that may benefit your Clan in the future? Hmph."
- Nectarstar appears to be grim as she scowls.
- "A good fighter."
- Nectarstar seems to be neutral on the topic of the southern she-cat.
- Coalstar/⦁⦁⦁⦁/Leader/Slight Crush/70%
- "Coalstar's a wonderful she-cat, and she loves her Clan the same as I love mine. She's helped RiverClan in times of deep need, and I am grateful for that- i'll do anything it takes to help ShadowClan when the time comes."
- Nectarstar doesn't say anything, but a feeling of butteflies in her stomach overwhelms her. There's something about this she-cat she is hiding..
- "She always seems tense when I see her. Odd."
- Nectarstar seems skeptical, and shuffles her paws awkwardly, but says nothing else.
- Leopardskip/⦁⦁⦁/Deputy/Friend and Deputy/90%
- "I'm glad I have a good she-cat like you by my side! You'll make a wonderful leader for RiverClan one day, and i'm proud you've chosen your home over your kin. Rippletalon and your kin must be proud."
- Tigerlily/⦁⦁⦁⦁/Senior Warrior/Sister and Friend
- "I love my sister with all of my heart. We've always been real close-- much closer than i've been with Swiftbreeze. Sometimes I do wish she wasn't as soft, though.."
- Nectarstar purrs at the mention of her sibling.
- "I love Swiftbreeze, too- just the same as Tigerlily. But we've never really been too close, and I feel as if she dislikes me sometimes."
- Nectarstar frowns and gives a simple shrug.
- Rocktumble/⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁/Senior Warrior/Friend
- "Rocktumble is a friend.. I think. I shouldn't have hit him, but he shouldn't have disrespected me the way he did. Maybe he's right. Maybe I am the next Stormstar."
- Nectarstar lowers her head and sighs, closing her copper eyes. She seems to be very stressed.
- Minnowripple, Stormeye, Rapidwater, Skyheart, Mothflutter, Cedarspeck, Creekrunner, Sunpool, Troutshine, Newttail, Turtlekit, Icefish and Feathertail
- "Drizzlestar seems to be a good cat, but there are parts of his territory that i'm quite interested in for RiverClan... oh, and his cats have extra toes! That could be a good trait for RiverClan cats in the breeding pool.."
- Smokestorm/⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁/Warrior/Fling; father of kits/40%
- "I.. I don't know. He's the father of my kits, so I suppose I need to learn more about him. We weren't thinking, and things happened-- I don't love him, but my kits deserve to know who their father is."
- Nectarstar stares dully at the ground, murmuring something under her breath.
- (Wind) that Rustles Leaves/Leafrustle/⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁/???/Father/0%
- "You made our mother and my siblings look like a fool. And when she died, you stopped visiting. How can I forgive you? You're not my father, you're a stupid tom who hasn't passed the mental capacity of a kit!"
- Nectarstar created RiverClan's tradition of releasing their Clanmates on the river.
❝ Snagstar was a noble tom, with a heart as big as LionClan. That is how we should remember him: as the tom who died serving his Clan and protecting them, even on his last life. RiverClan will never forget him. ❞
— Nectarsight to all of RiverClan after Snagstar's death at the battle with ThunderClan.
|“||I am nothing like that tom. Everything I do, I do for my Clan. Everything I do, I do for all of you. I fight for the sake of my Clan, nothing more and nothing less. Perhaps if you were in my paws, you'd understand the stress that weighs on my shoulders. Each day, I spend my time thinking on ways to solve the internal conflict we seem to have. Each day, I watch my Clanmates argue until they bring up the dead, the cats we honor, with no hesitation. I spend so much time on my Clan that I can't focus on training my own apprentice. You want to tell me you do so much for this Clan? Bullshit.||„|
- Nectarstar to Rocktumble during a RiverClan meeting.
|“||Don't tell me I'm lazy when you only leave camp when you feel. That is not what a Warrior does, and I won't allow it. If I must, you'll go straight back to your apprentice days and i'll have you picking ticks from the elders' backs- you seem to like camp and acting like one yourself, anyway.||„|
- Nectarstar to Rocktumble during a RiverClan meeting.
|“||RiverClan keep their bellies full through every season, and have plentiful herbs. We have the strength of swimming, and the grace to prove it. We are known to have an equable respect for our ancestors, so why-" She paused, letting her words sink in, "is it so hard for you Warriors to behave your age? Even when ShadowClan came for a visit, many of you still bickered! Talked to each-other like you weren't even in a Clan together!" She practically yelled, her fur bristling. "Maybe i've been too nice to you all. Maybe I shouldn't let my Clan be opening to the breeding pool-- maybe I should be like Stagstar and banish everyone with orange eyes!" She exclaimed, her eyes widening to emphasize her disappointment. "SkyClan are the ones who are having a civil war within themselves, not us. So what seems to be the problem?"||„|
- Nectarstar to RiverClan during a Clan meeting.
|“||We made a mistake, and i'm having kits. They will live here, with me, in RiverClan, and I will do everything in my power to raise them in a healthy, loving environment. I won't stop them from visiting you, and they'll know who their father is.||„|
- Nectarstar to Smokescent reguarding their kits.
|“||Dear, Rocktumble's like that to everyone. There's some cats who are nice, and some cats you have to spend a lot of time with to see that they're nice. Rocktumble is a good cat, and eventually you two will warm up to each-other. When I was young, there was an apprentice named Stormpaw, and he left to join ThunderClan. We've always butted heads, and still do- he's ThunderClan's leader today. The point is you must learn to deal with each-other's differences, and grow from it.||„|
- Nectarstar to Searage, reguarding her anger.
|“||Yes, I may be. But my duties won't change, and I will continue to be a wonderful leader, just the same. Tell anyone you'd like- rumors spread quickly, anyway.||„|
- Nectarstar to Maplestrike on the topic of her pregnancy.
|“||Kits are a blessing- whether they have a father or not. We didn't have one for the most part, but we're here now, with blessings of our own.||„|
- Nectarstar to Tigerlily on the topic of their flings.