❝"You're speaking irrationally." She mumbled coldly. "Just because you had bad experiences with WindClan, doesn't mean you get a free pass to act like an idiot." She seethed through the last word. Idiot. She didn't believe either of the brothers were idiots- but StarClan knew they acted like it sometimes.❞
— Ashenbrook addressing Nightmoth after the ThunderClan raid.
Ashenbrook is a lithe, feisty she-cat who currently inhabits ShadowClan as a warrior. She has a solid white pelt with asymmetrical black spots, and a pair of deep blue eyes. The scar on her chest hints to her previous, battle-driven past.
Heritage: Bicolor (based on fur)x Siberian(based on build)
Description: Ashenbrook is an attractive she-cat with a mottled pelt of white and black. Her fur is short and glossy, typical for her breed. Most of her frame is coated with snowy white fur, but she has odd asymmetrical black patterns on her face. Her tail and ears are jet black. Her eyes are also a cold shade of dark blue.
Build: Ashenbrook is fairly average. Since both of her parents were siberian cats, she has the usual traits for the breed: elegant neck, svelte body, almond-shaped eyes and small paws. She also has a wedge-shaped head, and she's fairly muscular, even though siberian cats are typically fine-boned.
= Base coat (#F0EAEA)
= Markings (#0B0B0B)
= Ears, Tongue, Pawpads (#8A726A)
= Eyes (#0E1746)
= Sclera (#FFFFFF)
= Nose (#2D2D2D)
= Scar (#897169)
Voice: Ashenbrook has a smooth, elegant voice. She usually speaks slowly, and in a low tone, and she usually drags out the syllables at the end of her sentences for dramatic affect. Her tone makes it easy for her to coerce and soothe other cats.
Scent: Ashenbrook smells of freshwater ponds and rain.
- Finely-chiseled muzzle
- Long, svelte body
- Small, oval shaped paws
- Almond shaped eyes
- Uniform sapphire eyes
- Fine, glossy pelt
- Strength: 7/10
- Stamina: 5/10
- Speed: 4/10
- Agility: 6/10
- Wit: 8/10
- Overall Rating: 30/50
- Individualistic - Ashenbrook values her sense of independence. The she-cat usually prefers to work alone while carrying out everyday tasks, and she may be quick to decline help, even if she needs it.
- Dedicated - Ashenbrook is very dedicated to ShadowClan. She's eager to help if she feels she can benefit the clan, and her loyalty will never falter. Ashenbrook will always look for opportunities to keep her clan strong and healthy.
- Cold - Ashenbrook is usually quite dismissive of other cat's concerns or feelings. Her lack of consideration for these things usually makes her seem cold in nature, although she behaves in this way so she can focus on herself over others.
- Firm - Ashenbrook is usually unwavering in her actions and opinions. Once she's dedicated to something, she'll refuse to step down from her standpoint, and on extreme occasions, even refuse to acknowledge other opposing opinions.
- Abrasive - Ashenbrook is typically harsh in nature. Her quick wit in hand with her arrogance will make her appear abrasive to others, and insensitive towards the cats around her.
- Malicious - Ashenbrook can occasionally behave maliciously. If she's prompted to, she will become intent on the purpose of doing harm to others- usually in battle circumstances.
- Ashenbrook loves the rush of the hunt. If she can provide for her clan doing something she loves- what's stopping her from hunting all the time?
- Similar to hunting, Ashenbrook loves the adrenaline rush of conflict. Although it makes her nervous beforehand, once she's fighting, she's confident with her skills, and dedicated to winning.
- Temperate, chilly conditions
- Since she hates painfully hot weather, Ashenbrook naturally adores cooler temperatures.
- Nightfall, shadows
- Night is Ashenbrook's favorite time of day.
- Lizards! Yuck! Who would want to bite into scales?
- She was never too fond of swimming, for whatever reason.
- Excessive heat
- Ashenbrook hates excess heat. Her long pelt makes it dreadfully uncomfortable for her.
- Ever since she heard about happened at the last gathering, she dreads the arrival of the next.
✓- Goal/dream achieved
✕- Goal/dream failed
- To make friends in ShadowClan ✓
- When Ashenbrook first joined ShadowClan, she only wanted to fit in. She's happy that she now has quite a few wonderful friends within the clan.
- To develop an understanding of the other clans ✓
- Ashenbrook wanted to learn about the surrounding clans when she first joined ShadowClan. She feels that she's accomplished this now.
- To have an opportunity to defend her clan ✓
- Ashenbrook wanted to prove her loyalty to ShadowClan and Coalstar. She accomplished this by fighting fearlessly against SkyClan for the twoleg tree... although she still wishes she were the cat who battled Blacknut.
- To train her apprentice to succession
- Ashenbrook sees her mentorship over Blazepaw as a second opportunity to prove her capabilities.
- To be recognized by Coalstar
- Although she doesn't always agree with her leader's decisions, Ashenbrook would love to be recognized for her efforts to serve ShadowClan.
- Succumbing to her power-hungry desires again
- Ashenbrook's worst nightmare is ruining her life in ShadowClan. She never wants to be in power again.
- Failing to serve her clan
- She feels that if she failed to defend her clan, she'd be deemed useless. Ashenbrook is terrified of failure- that's why she'll never stand down in conflict, even if it risks her life.
- Being stuck in a dangerous situation outside ShadowClan territory
- Ashenbrook is most accustomed to ShadowClan territory. She'd be overwhelmed if she had to fight outside of her home.
- Losing her family
- Ashenbrook refuses to lose Flickerheart again. She can't imagine what she'd do if she lost her kits.
Clan: The Tribe of Intertwined Roots
Cats Involved: Gabriel, Melangepatch
Age Range: 0-5 moons
- Ashenkit was born in The Tribe of Intertwined Roots to two previously domesticated parents, Gabriel and Melangepatch. Her mother, Melangepatch, was a previous kittypet, who had left her home to be with Gabriel and their expecting kits.
- Ashenkit learned the ways of the warrior under her mother, who often taught her early talents, regardless of her age.
- Ashenkit's tribe operated the way a clan regularly would.
Clan: The Tribe of Intertwined Roots
Cats Involved: Gabriel, Melangepatch, Dunetuft
Age Range: 6-10 moons
- Ashenpaw began to train under Dunetuft, who was a close friend of Gabriel. She became accustomed to fighting, eager to become a warrior.
Warriorhood to Exile
Clans: The Tribe of Intertwined Roots
Cats Involved: Gabriel, Melangepatch, Dunetuft
Age Range: 10-19 moons
- Once Ashenbrook became a warrior, she became rather impulsive and jealous. Watching her leader from afar, she envied the position she held, and developed a strong desire to take her position- forcefully.
- Ashenbrook developed a plan to get herself into power. Although another deputy was assigned, Ashenbrook began to earn the trust of her leader by putting up a facade of false loyalty- which paid off. Her leader began to trust her with everything, even giving tasks to Ashenbrook instead of the deputy.
- Once Ashenbrook had her leader's unwavering trust, her plan set into motion. She killed the deputy by sending them off a mountain slope, which prompted her leader to give Ashenbrook her position. But even this promotion wasn't enough for her greed. Ashenbrook still longed for more- she wanted complete control over the tribe, and she wasn't afraid to act on ambition to achieve it.
- Ashenbrook crashed once her greed peaked. Her attempt to murder her leader in cold blood failed, and she was left injured. Her leader immediately exiled her, and she was tossed out of the clan to be left alone. Ashenbrook remained a rouge for some moons.
Return to Warriorhood
Clan: Rogue, ShadowClan
Cats Involved: ShadowClan
Age Range: 20 moons-death
- Ashenbrook festered over her failure during the time she was a rogue. Reflecting on her actions, she decided that she never wanted to let greed overwhelm her again- and she was now desperate for a fresh start. With newfound determination, Ashenbrook went on a hunt for a new home.
- Ashenbrook eventually stumbled upon the Highrisers, where she joined ShadowClan as a warrior. Now, her only intention is to prove her worth and prevent herself from blindly seeking power once more.
Slight interest = ⦁ / Crush = ⦁⦁ / Loves = ⦁⦁⦁/ Fling = ⦁⦁⦁⦁
Acquaintance = ⦁ / Friend = ⦁⦁ / Good friend = ⦁⦁⦁ / Best friend = ⦁⦁⦁⦁
Blood relative = ⦁ / Like family = ⦁⦁ / Inseparable = ⦁⦁⦁
Respects as equal = ⦁ / Looks up to = ⦁⦁ / Idolizes = ⦁⦁⦁
Trust = ⦁ / Envy = ⦁⦁ / Regret = ⦁⦁⦁
Wants to get to know = ⦁ / Misses = ⦁⦁ / Can't bear to be without = ⦁⦁⦁
Uneasy around = ⦁ / Uncomfortable around = ⦁⦁ / Induces anxiety = ⦁⦁⦁
Competitor = ⦁ / Rival = ⦁⦁ / Arch-nemesis = ⦁⦁⦁
Annoyed by = ⦁ / Dislikes = ⦁⦁ / Hates = ⦁⦁⦁
Ashenbrook shrugs at the mention of ThunderClan. She hasn't personally interacted with them.
Ashenbrook has a conflicted expression. It's been a while since she's seen a WindClan cat.
"ShadowClan... we're easily the strongest cats in the territories. Some may call us conceited or aggressive, but we're simply prideful in ourselves and the victories we've achieved. Ashenbrook looks prideful as she continues with a cocky grin. I couldn't be happier in the clan."
Flickerheart / Mate - Closest Confidant (100%) / ⦁⦁⦁ / ⦁⦁⦁ / ⦁ / ⦁ / ⦁⦁⦁⦁
"I love Flickerheart more than anything in this world. I can't express how thankful I am for him... and everything he's done for me."
Ashenbrook flushes as she smiles widely at the mention of the tom.
Snakekit / Daughter (100%) / ⦁ / ⦁ / ⦁⦁⦁
"Snakekit, my precious, feisty daughter. I'm glad she warmed up to me."
Ashenbrook smiles to herself.
Mousekit / Daughter (100%) / ⦁ / ⦁ / ⦁⦁⦁
"Mousekit is so sweet... she really is my little star."
She hums contently.
Bearkit / Son (100%) / ⦁ / ⦁ / ⦁⦁⦁
"Bearkit is such a trouble-maker! Such a rambunctious little boy."
Marigoldkit / Daughter (100%) / ⦁ / ⦁ / ⦁⦁⦁
"She may be a trickster, but I know she has good intentions and a big heart."
Ashenbrook looks assured.
Duneclaw / Close Friend (90%) / ⦁⦁⦁ / ⦁ / ⦁ / ⦁ / ⦁
"Duneclaw is a wonderful friend and an exceedingly talented warrior. I'm happy to have her so close to me."
Ashenbrook smiles at the mention of her friend.
Wolfheart / Acquaintance (??%) / ⦁⦁ / ⦁⦁⦁ / ⦁⦁ / ⦁
"Things will never be the same. I was stupid for ever trying to fix anything between us."
Ashenbrook bitterly scowls.
Coalstar / Acquaintance (??%) / ⦁ / ⦁ / ⦁
"Coalstar is a wonderful leader. I respect her resilience and determination."
Duskfall / Acquaintance (30%) / ⦁⦁
"Although I haven't talked to Duskfall much, they seem alright."
Ashenbrook has a neutral expression.
Webpaw / Acquaintance (0%) / ⦁ / ⦁⦁
"Webstrike never fails to disappoint me with his impulsive, stupid decisions. Wolfheart deserves better."
Dewthorn / Acquaintance (??%) / ⦁ / ⦁
"Dewthorn seems nice. I'd like to talk to her sometime."
Ashenbrook looks rather distant.
Darkfrost / Friend (50%) / ⦁⦁ / ⦁ / ⦁
"Darkfrost isn't all that bad. Maybe we have more in common than I once thought."
Nightmoth / Acquaintance (??%) / ⦁ / ⦁ / ⦁
"Nightmoth and I have never gotten along very well, but that doesn't mean I won't respect him. He is Flickerheart's brother, afterall."
Ashenbrook looks skeptical. She doesn't know anything about RiverClan.
Ashenbrook looks rather unsure. "I hear that SkyClan has undergone some... changes.
Ashenbrook looks to her paws. She'd rather not talk about anyone in her past life.
- Ashenbrook now distastes the idea of being a leader- she fears that if she was given that much power, it would go to her head again.
- She won't directly admit it, but Ashenbrook is afraid of smoke and fire.
- Ashenbrook is rather afraid of spirits.
- Ashenbrook has never met Snakestripe, her half-sister, as she was born after her.
❝"No thanks to you." She retorted, immediately meeting the challenge. After the conflict with WindClan, Ashenbrook wasn't afraid to stand up to a fair argument. "My patrol managed to deflect WindClan warriors from our territory, while it took yours an eternity to bring back a frog!" She cackled, aimlessly pointing a paw towards the prey pile.❞
— Ashenbrook addressing Brackenflame, prior to chapter 1.
❝Ashenbrook paused at the border, dumping the WindClan intruder on his side of the territory. "You better not try sneaking back in." She began, her tone cold. "Because if I see you again, you'll be going back to your clan as a carcass." The end of her sentence was a low, threatening hiss. Ashenbrook wanted nothing to do with the apprentice- or his clan.❞
— Ashenbrook returning Tortoisepaw to the WindClan border, as revealed in chapter 1.
❝Ashenbrook bitterly rose as Coalstar began to take her exit. StarClan, wherever you may be.... hear me when I say this. SkyClan will rue the day they took this territory... so long as I have blood in my heart and air in my lungs. They will pay. She cursed to herself, before glancing at Wolfpaw. "As do I, Wolfpaw. Don't fret... we'll get back at them with the fury of a thousand cats." She said furiously, before padding after her leader.❞
— Ashenbrook departing the twoleg tree, after it was lost to SkyClan in chapter 1.
❝Ashenbrook immediately cracked. "Coalstar!" She barked impulsively. Lowering her voice, she continued. "Why are you throwing us into some other clan's problems? ShadowClan has enough problems to face!"❞
— Ashenbrook snapping at Coalstar after ShadowClan's alliance with RiverClan was solidified.
❝Ashenbrook jumped to her paws, trailing on the heels of the kit. She grabbed his tail and whirled him around, lowering her body so she was level with his face. "My apologies, ShadowClan savior, but not all of us are too inclined to fuck with this stuff! After last night, I decided I wanted nothing to do with anything that this clan is fucking around with. And I plan to stick to that." She sneered, releasing him.❞
— Ashenbrook addressing Taipankit.
❝“It wouldn’t happen to me, because I have loyalty to my clan. I don’t blame mistakes on some bullshit spirits. You don’t deserve to be a ShadowClan warrior, to stain our clan with your disgraceful presence. I don’t give a shit who falls for your lies, but I’ll be the cat to know that there’s no excuse for what you did.”❞
— Ashenbrook yelling at Willowthrush upon her return to ShadowClan.
❝“Do you think I care to hear your pity story? ShadowClan is not your personal daycare. Your kits are not our problem.”❞
— Ashenbrook addressing Willowthrush.
❝"I handled this as maturely as possible, but do forgive me- it's hard to tolerate the idiocy of some of these cats!" Ashenbrook mused darkly. "I will never back down from an argument, Coalstar. You should know that by now. I don't care if any of the other clans see me as immature, or anything foul I assume they're calling me back in their camps. If I disagree with the words of another cat- even a medicine cat- I won't hold back from speaking my mind. A rank does not make one wise."❞
— Ashenbrook defending her case against Coalstar after the gathering.
❝"Kits?" She repeated, her eyes widening slightly. "They're.... alright. I'd like to eventually have kits, but I don't want to be forced out of my duties, you know? I feel like I'd be bored to death in the nursery, with my only obligation being feeding the little bastards. I need to be hunting, fighting, contributing. But I think.. maybe one day." Ashenbrook hummed, a smile teasing at her face. "What about you?"❞
— Ashenbrook talking about having kits.